1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation functionality issue with css

ok, i really am at my wits end here and could use any assistence you guys can give. this is a little complicated to explain, but here goes.

i have this page: http://www.woowooberry.com/photo.html

the page uses a style sheet called style.css.

the problems:
    1. i just realised that my ie6 browser at work makes this page use an old version of the stylesheet, even AFTER i uploaded the new one to my site via ftp. when checking the site at home, this is not an issue. but it is an issue on my work computer and every other computer at work where the site is loaded for the first time! ghosts in the shell? i have no clue.

2. the little boxes on the above page represent links to images. the boxes should be a dark grey and only turn blue AFTER being visited. this does not happen on any computer. or they are grey, for about one round...meaning if i refresh the page they all turn blue without being visited. the following is the TRUE css i have for it (which, from problem #1, may not be the css your computer uses...as i said, i do not know):
    Code:
    .newbutton:link {
    	FONT-SIZE: 10px; 
    	COLOR: #000000; 
    	FONT-FAMILY: tahoma,arial; 
    	BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a4a4a4; 
    	TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    .newbutton:visited {
    	BACKGROUND-COLOR: #00f4e0; 
    }
    .newbutton:hover {
    	COLOR: #ffffff; 
    	BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f44b39; 
    }
    .newbutton:active {
    	BACKGROUND-COLOR: #00f4e0; 
    	TEXT-DECORATION: line-through
    }
    ok. couple of other problems but i'll leave that for later. these two are the major ones. again, any help you guys can give would greatly lower my blood pressure at this point. thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

1) Seems everything ok there...donīt know the prob.

2) try first cleaning your cache and temporary internet files, if that does not work you could try fitting that code into the page:

<META HTTP-EQUIV= "pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
  5. I'm just an IF statement

your problem is all the boxes link to the same thing "#" your going to have to make them different. because once you go to one of them it thinks you have been to all of them.
    "In a way, we're dead already"
  7. No Profile Picture

thanks for the info guys. I'll have to edit everything when i get home from work.

what could i place in there other than '#'. wouldn't a link to the pic just open the pic in it's own window/page? is there a way around this problem? also, does evryone see the dashed border around the top two tables?
  9. I'm just an IF statement

the dashed border works fine. and about changing the links, ive had this problem before. ive never really seen a solution besides get rid of the vlink color so at least they all stay the same all the time. I guess you could put in an onClick swap image call to swap the button image to a different colored one. but the problem with that is it will only work while you at the page. once you leave and come back your clicks would be reset.
  11. No Profile Picture

cool. yeah i think that onClick might be the solution to it. i really don't mind everything resetting when one leaves, the thing that worries me is loading time. like this, the color change would be instantaneous, but if another image would have to load, it might take a while. a preload script might do the trick though...i'll have to experiment.
  13. I'm just an IF statement

i doubt it would change any loading time. with an image that small it would be what 1kb? and then once its loaded once it uses it for all the others.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo