1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CSS positioning different within same browser ver.

Hi all,

I have a webpage that creates a dynamic set of tables (2) based on information from MySQL. The problem is, I have a footer graphic that is positioned relative to the table depth (so it sits nicely underneath no matter how deep the table gets).

On my pc and browser (IE 6.028) it works fine when the footer include sits just before the </div> statement for the content of the page. But on another pc, same IE version, the footer graphic aligns itself with the second table and overwrites it. I've tried all manner of things to get it to work, but no joy. Right now I have added another quick CSS class to hardcode it to a specific height. Is there anyone who can explain why 2 identical browsers display 2 different results (I have cleared the cache)

Ben
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.re3.org.uk/WasteRE3/Waste...Statistics.php

I can't understand why this is happening, the rest of the site uses this approach, when the page is small, I use a class to keep the footer in place, otherwise I add it to the end of the content class div and bingo it moves up and down based on the content.

Very confused about this, I did read somewhere about context being an issue with MSIE browsers which is why you can get differing results.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For those who might be interested I managed to get round it okay. I removed one of the tables (which wasn't needed) and therefore the class for that table was removed and hey presto it worked. I thought it was a CSS problem since it was wasn't a problem until I added the CSS commands.

Must have been something to do with specifying the CSS command float:left; which was the only specification for that table.

I guess I'll have to cross that bridge again if I ever need to...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo