1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Making a CSS file W3C compliant...

Can anyone help me or tell me how i can make my css file W3C compliant?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

The scrollbar properties aren't part of the standard. Remove them, and you'll be good. Or leave them, and your scrollbars will work fine in supporting browsers.

Important note: if you leave the scrollbar properties, always list them last in the definition for the body element. Browsers that don't support that property will (or should) stop parsing the definition for that element when they encounter it, so any further definitions for the element will not be seen.
  5. No Profile Picture
    CF sMod

Originally posted by MJEggertson
    Important note: if you leave the scrollbar properties, always list them last in the definition for the body element. Browsers that don't support that property will (or should) stop parsing the definition for that element when they encounter it, so any further definitions for the element will not be seen.
    No they won't. They will just ignore it.
    Jason Contact Me
    Super moderator @ CodingForums
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks guys.

Degsy - I know where the validator is and i know that my CSS file is not W3C compliant. I just wanted to know how to make it W3C compliant.

MJEggertson & JKD, so is there no way for me to make my CSS file W3C compliant with the scrollbar properties in there? Could i do the scrollbar properties another way?
  11. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I just wanted to know how to make it W3C compliant.
    The validator will tell you where your problems are. So if it was to say something along the lines of "no color defined with background-color" then that means that you have a style block somewhere that has background-color: red, but there is no color: black in the same block, and it will usually tell you where.

As for the scrollbars, from a user's standpoint, I really don't like it when people change my scrollbar colors. They're mine, I like them grey b/c it separates them from your page. That's just my opinion though.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo