1. "I'll be whatever I wanna do."
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question .css and html outlook mail conversion problems

Hello all,

I have recently tried to put together an html newsletter with a bit'o .css embedded in the html but when I create the email in outlook it seems to strip all the areas containing .css.

here's the example...

<STYLE>A:hover {COLOR: #9966cc; TEXT-DECORATION: underline}</STYLE>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    .b8 {
    font-family: Verdana;
    font-size: 11px;
    font-style: normal;
    color: #3D5E7D;
    }
    .b8w {
    font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 9px;
    font-style: normal;
    color: #fff;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }
    -->
    </style>

which inevitably turns to this when proccessed by outlook

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=GENERATOR>
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    </HEAD>

Can anyone suggest a program to convert the message and leave the comments intact? I also have included other commented sections which are stripped as well.
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: .css and html outlook mail conversion problems

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I can't get Outlook Express or Entourage (Mac) to respond to CSS, even when it's in the headers of a correctly formatted email my mail server app is sending. :-(
  5. "I'll be whatever I wanna do."

I got it working but the solution was somewhat convoluted. I signed up for a web-based mail service and sent myself a template for use later on.

I cheated
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo