1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Importing a PHP/css site into Dreamweaver

I've created a site that uses PHP and CSS. Basically each page imports the header, side bar nav and footer in and also uses (external) css linked in the header with different css for printing and the screen.

The monthly newletter page (newletter.php) uses PHP to determine which newsletter should included (for example news200310.inc in October). November (new200311.inc) can be put up on the web and will automatically be shown in November

I want to have someone else use Dreamweaver to edit the newsletter. But when I look in Dreamweaver MX 2004, the newsletter page (news200310.inc for example) doesn't know about the css. Dreamweaver thinks news200310.inc is plain text (it contains only stuff that goes between the body tags, in fact, is inside a div), is there a way around this? We want to be able to see as it is edited what the page will look like and bring along the css styles (mostly p.xx classes).

The situation is a bit more complex than this, but I think this captures the problem. Up till now the site is done with a BBEdit on a Macintosh, but the Dreamweaver would be run on a PC.

Thanks for any advice. The current results can be seen at sbmbc.com.
  3. Senior Member
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

doesn't know about the css
    Then you have to make it known by temporarily attaching it , no?

Or make a template with attached css and have an editable region for the news text only.

And this -> sbmbc.com <- is not a clickable URL
    webM

for $i(0..20){for($j=0;$j<=$i;$j+=2){print pack(qq{H2},
    substr(qq{5f5745424d415354415f},$j,2));}print qq{\n};};
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'll look at the templates and attaching. I'm lost in Dreamweaver and it is hard jumping in. Tried Help, but haven't read the whole manual!

sbmbc.com

Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo