1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Strange IE8/9 Css issue

Hi guys...

I'm experiencing a very strange CSS issue in IE 8 and 9.

It displays fine in all other browsers, including IE7.

Please look at the following link:

legalfox.co.uk

In IE 8 and 9, the first book in the 'our books and practice materials section' displays differently than the others.

It appears to be applying the CSS style for the div class "accer" twice. Once around the actual accer div, and once around the thumbnail.

I've checked the HTML and it appears OK. I just can't locate the problem!!

Help much appreciated. I feel I've looked so hard into it that I've been blinded

edit... i'm new to the forum... did i need to add the code in this post? thanks again.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, andyeswecan.

The page seems to look fine in IE9 and IE8 here. Have you fixed this? If not, please post a screenshot of the problem.

New users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did manage to find the problem and fix this. Apologies, I forgot to come back here and update the thread.

The issue was a strange one that I still don't fully understand.

There was an <a> tag being used as an anchor within the main div.

For some reason, this was picking up the CSS properties for the "accer" div.

Anyway, I fixed it by applying a class and giving that class it's own CSS style.

Weird. I think it may be some sort of Jquery conflict, although that's just a guess.
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Strange.

By the way, did you know that it's frowned upon to use heading levels out of order? For example, that page has <h5>s directly following an <h2>.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo