1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Form to Appear the Same in All Browsers

Hi, i am looking for some help in regards to displaying a form on a website but also make sure that this appears the same in all browsers. I would like to code this in HTML so any help would be appreciated.

The main problem I have found is that the text box shows up wider in some browsers and shorter in others (not aligning to the the rest of the fields). Also other issue is that I have a tight layout space for the form, so have used 75px width for the fields (perfect in firefox), but again appears longer in others which makes the label of the fields appear on a different line.

If i make it shorter than 75px than appears fine in some browsers but than appears shorter in firefox. How can i fix this?

I have attached of my required outcome for all browsers. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[IMG]form.jpg[/IMG]
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Really the only way to do this is to use a separate stylesheet for every browser that you want to support. Getting pixel-perfect cross-browser layouts in HTML is virtually impossible, particularly with forms. Additionally, default form element styles tend to vary from one operating system to the next.

Comments on this post

• Nilpo agrees
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo