Thread: Css or php help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Css or php help

not sure if I need css help or php help. i'm working with a page that I can't get the table to move to the top of the column. because I can't put a link in here not sure how someone is going to look at the page in order to help me.
  3. No Profile Picture

maybe a screenshot would help
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by BlazeMike
    maybe a screenshot would help
    thank you for replying... how do I attach a screen shot here?
  7. No Profile Picture

from what i know you cannot attach, just link to it.

you can use tinypic or something to upload it and use the link here
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by BlazeMike
    from what i know you cannot attach, just link to it.

you can use tinypic or something to upload it and use the link here
    it won't allow me to put a link because i'm a new member
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, Charmer83.

Do you have an example page you could show us?

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

There is also a policy that prevents users from posting attachments until they have 30 posts and have been a member for 30 days, so if needed http://imageshack.us/ can be used to host images.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  13. No Profile Picture

thanks for the info... I discovered both of these issues. anyway it's pets n coffee, this is the main page but if you click on a member you can see that the table in the right hand column is a couple inches below the top of that column and the tables are not equal size, also there is a couple extra rows in the lower table. all these issues I don't like and want to bring the tables to the top and make them wider and equal. reason I just gave you the front page is the url is too long on the member page. I downloaded all the files and css, php files to my computer so I can go through them. i'm using dreamweaver. hope someone can help because this is driving me nuts. by the way it is not a net site having a hard time to get this post accepted
  15. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

For others, here's an example page: http://petsncoffee.com/?pgurl=view_m...ile&mem_id=183

the table in the right hand column is a couple inches below the top of that column [...] want to bring the tables to the top and make them wider and equal.
    That's because of the CSS reset rule you're using which sets the vertical-align property. I recommend you add a rule to set "vertical-align:top" for <td> elements.

As to making the columns equal width, their widths have been set in the HTML (which may be embedded in one of the PHP files), change them as desired. Do a search in your editor for "width=".
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  17. No Profile Picture

That's because of the CSS reset rule you're using which sets the vertical-align property. I recommend you add a rule to set "vertical-align:top" for <td> elements.

As to making the columns equal width, their widths have been set in the HTML (which may be embedded in one of the PHP files), change them as desired. Do a search in your editor for "width=".[/QUOTE]

thank you for the reply. I have so many CSS files so don't know which one it is. I've checked almost all the php and CSS files and made changes but it remains the same. So would I add the rule to all <td> elements? wouldn't know which php file to go through either as there are tons of them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo