1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

H1, h2 used in sequence?

Using HTML5 and CSS3 after too many years staying with tables. I have a h1 and h2 tag in my header. Actually the h2 tag appears before the h1 tag and my document outline seems to be objecting. Used to be that H1 was considered the larger text size and as you went higher in numbers (h2, h3, etc.), the font-size became smaller. With the css, is it looking for the H1 tag first no matter if the font-size may be smaller than the following tag?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Not sure what you mean by "my document outline seems to be objecting."

Used to be that H1 was considered the larger text size and as you went higher in numbers (h2, h3, etc.), the font-size became smaller.
    That is still the default case. (But don't use them for the purpose of setting font size. Use them because it makes semantic sense for your document, then use CSS to set the sizes as you please.)

With the css, is it looking for the H1 tag first no matter if the font-size may be smaller than the following tag?
    No. CSS doesn't care about the order of h? tags.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Also the outline doesn't care about the font size.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks EEsterling, between your comments and more research, I am beginning to have a degree of comfort about this aspect.

Originally Posted by EEsterling
    Not sure what you mean by "my document outline seems to be objecting."

That is still the default case. (But don't use them for the purpose of setting font size. Use them because it makes semantic sense for your document, then use CSS to set the sizes as you please.)

No. CSS doesn't care about the order of h? tags.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo