1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

When I resize my browser...

Everything gets all jumbled up and looks like garbage.
    A sentence that is this long:
    (---------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
    Would get bunched into something this size.
    (----------
    -----------
    -----------
    -----------
    -----------)
    It just looks sooooooooooooooo bad.
    Im using the a style with 3 long box layout.
    I would like everything from the right box to be its full size, while the middle box gets pushed to the right.
    You might be able to get a better idea of what im talking about if you look at it.
    http:::://incursionguru.yolasite.com/
  3. Contributing User

Anything on your page that you don't want to allow to resize you will have to set a width to, or a min-width if you don't mind it resizing a little bit.

It is default behaviour for a browser to try to resize the page to fit the window, unless it comes across a css property that tells the browser that an element on a website can't get any smaller than specified.
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by LDHosting
    Anything on your page that you don't want to allow to resize you will have to set a width to, or a min-width if you don't mind it resizing a little bit.

It is default behaviour for a browser to try to resize the page to fit the window, unless it comes across a css property that tells the browser that an element on a website can't get any smaller than specified.
    Id very much like to keep it the same on all pages, so how would I go about changing this width across all pages ?
    I would assume in the CSS would be easiest ?
  7. No Profile Picture

Well this is what ive found thus far and seems to work if I just put it somewhere with the text hidden.

[code]<style>
    p
    {
    min-width:500px;
    }
    </style>
    <p></p>[code]

Is it at all possible to put this in the CSS some how ?
    This is currently what my full CSS looks like.
    http://pastebin.com/zzr0WTLq
  9. Contributing User

The code you've put inside the <style> </style> tags is exactly the same as the code you'd put into the CSS, so simply take it out of the HTML, and put it into your CSS file.

Using the same style in all pages is simple. When you use the same elements or the same classes/ids across several pages, they will all have the same style specified in the CSS file.
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by LDHosting
    The code you've put inside the <style> </style> tags is exactly the same as the code you'd put into the CSS, so simply take it out of the HTML, and put it into your CSS file.

Using the same style in all pages is simple. When you use the same elements or the same classes/ids across several pages, they will all have the same style specified in the CSS file.
    Putting in just

Code:
    p
    {
    min-width:500px;
    }
    Doesn't seem to to anything in the CSS.
    I was playing with the menus and headers and seem to get it to work in other places, but then at the same time other pages it has a negative effect on the page.

Adding the HTML is not bad on each page since its hidden and a simple copy paste.

However, Ive always had a problem with the menus, would you know where I would add this to make the hear stay the one size and not jumble with re size ?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo