1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Superfish sub menu centered

I have centered the Superfish Navbar menu on the page but struggling to find a way to center the first level sub menu on the page.

I'm unable to post a link here as this is my first post here.

Thanks.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, msathesh.

What are you trying to center the sub-menu in the relation to all of the first-level items or its parent item?

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks Kravvitz.

I'm trying to center the sub menu. Please see the screenshot here:

imagebin . org/264897
    Last edited by Kravvitz; July 18th, 2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
  7. No Profile Picture

Superfish Menu Center

You need to create the separate class for the sub menu that will be the good way.

Originally Posted by msathesh
    I have centered the Superfish Navbar menu on the page but struggling to find a way to center the first level sub menu on the page.

I'm unable to post a link here as this is my first post here.

Thanks.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks. Here is the fiddle, jsfiddle.net/msathesh/uPzQW/1

I'm trying to get the sub menu centered in relation to it's parent. Right now, the sub menu starts from where the main menu starts which is already centered with a specified width & margin:0 auto; property.

Originally Posted by ashishkg17
    You need to create the separate class for the sub menu that will be the good way.
    How should I proceed with separating the class?
    Last edited by Kravvitz; July 18th, 2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: fixed the URL
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Remove the "position" declaration from the ".sf-navbar li" rule and change the values for "top" and "left" in the ".sf-menu ul" rule as needed.

Just ignore ashishkg17. What he said made no sense.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks a lot Kravvitz,

I could use the left and top property for the sub-menu but that means I have to have equal number of sub menu items under each one so that it looks centered to it's parent. Okay think about this case, if I have 3 sub-menu items under a menu-item and only 1 sub-menu item in another, it would look weird.

I wish I could center the sub-menu with margin:0 auto; property but I couldn't. It will look centered no matter how many number of menu items in the sub menu.

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Remove the "position" declaration from the ".sf-navbar li" rule and change the values for "top" and "left" in the ".sf-menu ul" rule as needed.

Just ignore ashishkg17. What he said made no sense.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo