1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Dynamic Header and Footer

Hi all,

I'm an amatuer CSS coder, and I've been designing a website for myself using Weebly.

Obviously I've wanted to change some of the CSS styles to suit my needs, but I have gotten to a point where I'm stuck with one small thing.

If you have a look at the site, anewlife365 (dot) weebly (dot) com you will notice that the header and footer do not move while the rest of the page does. Now, I havent edited any of the middle section, so there is obviously something I am missing.

You can definitely see it becomes a pain when playing with different resolutions.

I just want the header and footer to have a dynamic feel, along with a background colour behind it, so when people visit the site in different resolutions it doesn't look weird.

My code for both is as follows:

#header {
    border-collapse: collapse;
    border-spacing: 0;
    width:1350px;
    height:222px;
    background: url(banner6.png);
    margin-top:0px;
    margin-left:0px;
    padding: 50px;

}

#footer-wrap {
    background:url(footer.png);
    padding:50px 0;
    color:#eee;
    float:left;
    }

So as you can see I've tweaked it so that its just a picture as a background for the header and footer, but obviously that doesnt work in my favour once the resolution changes.

ANY HELP would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Try this:

On #footer-wrap remove float: left;
    ..and then add margin:0 auto; and width: 1350px;

On #header remove margin-left: 0; and margin-top: 0;
    ...and then add margin:0 auto;

The header and footer image widths are huge so the effect is difficult to see, it's much clearer when the header and footer aren't so wide.

I would suggest that you keep the width of the header and footer set to the image width, and also set the min-width of html to the image width. So with the header and footer being 1350px right now, you would have the following CSS code:

Code:
    html {
       min-width:1350px;
    }
    If you resize your browser and scroll right, you can see a black bar running along the right side, which gets bigger the smaller you have your browser window. Adding this CSS should prevent that from happening.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo