#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Please Help Urgent


    I'm trying to change the background color of my website for hours but i cant. Here is the style.css please help me ;

    body {
    font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    background-attachment: fixed;

    }


    .container {

    width: 925px;
    position: relative;
    margin-left:1px;

    }

    .module {
    width: 618px;
    margin-right: 5px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    }

    .right {
    width: 300px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    }
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    background-color:#000000;

    change #<color>
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by itoobie
    background-color:#000000;

    change #<color>
    Thank you very much for the answer but it didnt made any change
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    add the code right into the body:
    Code:
    body {
    background-color:#000000;
    font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    
    }
    that should do it unless you're not calling your body in your page.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by itoobie
    add the code right into the body:
    Code:
    body {
    background-color:#000000;
    font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    background-attachment: fixed;
    
    }
    that should do it unless you're not calling your body in your page.
    how can i control if its calling the body in the page or not?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    275
    do you have a link to the site?
    new users can't post actual URLs until they reach a certain number of posts, but, you can get around that by putting space between the domain and the rest of the url..like so>> www. domain .com /path/to/your/file

    Otherwise, post your html and make sure you use [ code ][ /code ] tags (remove the spaces)
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by DonR
    do you have a link to the site?
    new users can't post actual URLs until they reach a certain number of posts, but, you can get around that by putting space between the domain and the rest of the url..like so>> www. domain .com /path/to/your/file

    Otherwise, post your html and make sure you use [ code ][ /code ] tags (remove the spaces)
    i think i didnt completely understand your question but this is the link ftp:// ftp . futbolpost . com / public_html /_themes /hs-evolution/ style /style . css
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by mehmetcolak7
    i think i didnt completely understand your question but this is the link I REMOVED THIS
    I believe what hes asking for is your website location so he can see your html, not your ftp access as this may be a page issue not a CSS issue

    Also posting your FTP here might not be the best idea. I dont know 100% but it could be a major security issue.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by itoobie
    I believe what hes asking for is your website location so he can see your html, not your ftp access as this may be a page issue not a CSS issue

    Also posting your FTP here might not be the best idea. I dont know 100% but it could be a major security issue.
    Thank you for the advice. the website link is: www . futbolpost . com and the path to the style.css is: public_html/_themes/hs-evolution/style/style.css
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by mehmetcolak7
    Thank you for the advice. the website link is: www . futbolpost . com and the path to the style.css is: <removed this too>
    It looks like its going to a different css that you are currently editing.

    try editing your /_themes/hs-evolution/style/evo.css

    and add in what I put.
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by itoobie
    It looks like its going to a different css that you are currently editing.

    try editing your /_themes/hs-evolution/style/evo.css

    and add in what I put.
    Actually this is the main problem. i'm using a ftp program and i cant find the evo.css i searched everywhere but there is nothing like evo.css
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by mehmetcolak7
    Actually this is the main problem. i'm using a ftp program and i cant find the evo.css i searched everywhere but there is nothing like evo.css
    you may not have access to it depending on permissions you were given assuming you're not the only one working on the site. If you are try opening it from either your server or from the control panel your host has provided, if you wernt given a control panel and you dont have first hand access to the server you may have to ask for more permissions, of corse im no guru at this and I could be completely wrong with all this information, but two minds working together is better than one I guess =/
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    I completely think the same way with you and thank you for all your helps
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    I've learned that evo.css is the compress of all the other css files. And there is a php file named compress. Can anybody help with this php file please?
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    cant help without more info

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo