1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Data model for Content Management system

I am building a small cms at work and wanted to know if there is any database model for CMS

What I want to accomplish is that given a page id, I can get the of controls to show on the specific page from DB

Controls could be any html controls like textbox(min, max, default text, id etc all stored in DB), listbox(id, name, default etc stored in DB. Also, if select box is country or state, need to get data from DB as well), radio buttons etc

Content is also dependent on the language selected.
    Please help
    I went through http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/index.htm but could not see any data model related to CMS
    Contact info:
    Primary email: advanced.programmer@gmail.com
    MSN/email: superprg@hotmail.com
    AIM: superprg
  3. SQL Consultant
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

the problem i see with your approach is that there is usually more on a web page than controls

really, when was the last time you saw a web page with a text box or a dropdown that didn't have 1) a title, 2) some paragraphs, 3) and so on

most people implementing a CMS will have each web page equal to a single row in a content table, and the main column in that table will be TEXT so that it can hold thousands of bytes in raw html
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo