Thread: help please

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

dealing with database or someother type of scripting?

ok i hope i can make this sound correct. i am making a website for my friend's clan/guild in a game called counter-strike - on the website i have a members page that lists the player name, email, and aim (and/of) msn screen names. i want to make a script so that when i click on the memeber name it takes me to another page this page will have the players' actual name, location, age, homepage, bday, etc etc. what i want i guess would be some sort of database. where when i click the name from the member page it loads the new page, but with that new page the name appears and all the other information appears - but the whole point of this script is so that i dont have to have 30 different pages, 1 for each member. just one page that loads dif information. can someone please help me - or direct me in the right direction. anything will help
    Last edited by november; November 7th, 2002 at 05:05 AM.
  3. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Don't cross-post again, please, and use a descriptive subject line from now on. Both are inconsiderate of other forum go-ers time.

As to how to solve your problem, learn a scripting language such as perl, PHP, and go to town. There's no more specific help anyone can give you beyond that, besides writing it for you. www.devshed.com has a number of tutorials for you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo