1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MySQL Tables and Dbase setup

Hello.

I am using MySQL w/ PHP and MS Access to develope a CRM dbase. My experience in database structure is newbie, so I am hoping t obtain info from all of you.

Here we go:

Quesiton 1) currently I have setup a Database called CSMDB. This is the customer service management database. It collects customer info, holds their account information and tracts any type of service they recieve. When the account is opens, we collect the customer's credit card info and place it in a table in the ACCTMDB database.

Does this setup fit proper design or should I place the CC account info in a table in CSMDB?

My thought: I've done this to increase security, but I do not know if this type of approach follows common agreement on database designs and relations. I have several other dbases created that manage employee accounts, inventory, management, etc. But they all relate to the same company and it's operation. Is this design a good one?

Please let me know your suggestions.
    Last edited by risen80; February 3rd, 2003 at 12:28 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

When dealing with sensistive information such as credit cards you will want to approach and care for the data as if it were your own. The separation of data is good as long as you have a relation between the tables.
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo