1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Newbie - access 2003 Query/Report help

hello,

I'm a complete newbie to access 2003 queries and reports but i have been teaching myself how to create queries and reports for the last two months.

I've been asked to create a report that shows the total number of application forms received per day, per week and per month and by type. I then have to show the results in excel as a graph or chart. I am sure this should be easy but there are approx 125 different types of application forms and i don't know where to start.

I can create a query that shows all application forms received over a period of time (using a date range), and I group the results by month in the report so that i get the following:

January 236
    February 7895

which I export into excel and I can create a graph easily. However I do not know how to group each different application type in a report that will give a total number for each different application type received by Day, or by Week or by Month i.e

January Hire Tourer 156

does anyone have any ideas?
  3. SQL Consultant
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by momtaz
    I can create a query that shows all application forms received over a period of time (using a date range), and I group the results by month
    okay, show that query, please, so that we can see the table and column names

then tell us what column the application type is in, and we can modify the query accordingly
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo