1. Junior Member
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using graphs from ms access

I have to design a database in access so that graphs based on tables/queries could be displayed on demand.

Should i use VB as glue between access and excel or is there a better (easier) way to implement this?

The database is not large, about thousand fields altogether.

Im just a beginner in this. as you can see, so any advice is greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

VBA and/or ODBC are the glue between access and excel. but you can use access-tables instead of excel-tables and save yourself from headache...
  5. Junior Member

Thanks
    I'll dig into it

And all those suggestions still are welcome.. have not had to mess with graphics in access yet.
    This must sound real stupid... he he won't save you from laughing your head off.
    Last edited by biaz; January 30th, 2003 at 06:37 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i guess noone who ever did VBA can laugh about it... unless he managed to abandon it!

really, itīs no fun... VBA imho is a mess of a programming language. i did one professional project, and i know i wonīt do a second one
  9. Junior Member

Now, basicly this graphis is nothing but a query put out nicely in colours, if you only could redirect me to code if there is such available in large, or post about your former experience.
    Or suggest to RTFM with a link.
    Help...
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

maybe somewhere here http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/ but to tell you the truth, this was around 1997 when i did that project. so:
    - VBA might be much better to handle and more stable today
    - i really canīt remember any details

i "learned" VBA then knowing basic and windows quite well and using the online-help. some reasonable guesses (stuff like "Excel.Worksheets.CurrentWorksheet.Cells[0,0]" just seemed logical to me...) and the code completion feature also helped a lot.

hope this helps a little for the start... for bigger projects, i recommend buying a book. Also now i have MS Office, "Developer Edition" that came with tons of documentation... Primarily the MSDN cdroms, so anything interesting *should* be found on the link above...
  13. Junior Member

Thank you for your time

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo