1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sharing User Databases?

I have a forum full of members (vB forum) and I wanted to implement this fan fic program on the site. But it requires that people register. And I was wondering if it would be possible to make it use my vB member index rather then it having its own. it is Story Line v1.5 (http://www.midasarray.com/fanfic/ ). Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  3. // no comment
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

yes, it is. you just have to look at the vB database and find the members' table is and the fields for the username and password. you can then create your login script and members area from that.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by roninblade
    yes, it is. you just have to look at the vB database and find the members' table is and the fields for the username and password. you can then create your login script and members area from that.
    I am pretty crap when it comes to PHP, any idea what file I would have to edit?
  7. // no comment
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

>> I am pretty crap when it comes to PHP, any idea what file I would have to edit?

you mean you want to use vB's login script? i haven't seen vB's source so i don't know the name of the file you can hack. i'd recommend you create your own - it's not that hard - there are a lot of good tutorials or free codes available on the net which you can use or learn from.
  9. No Profile Picture

No, I want to user vBs members database for the program... Unless I need to use vBs login script for that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo