1. m4d 5k1llz
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question MS SQL Server forum

Why isn't there a MSSQL server database forum?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I am not a moderator but I believe it is because the crowd that frequents these boards is mostly 'open source junkies', so therefore MySQL and postgreSQL are more popular here.

You see there is also no board for Oracle.
  5. m4d 5k1llz

Wink

I thought that, but in the programming category ASP, VB, C# all get a place so thought it odd that their prefered database (MS SQL) was missing.

Personally I tinker mostly with MySQL and PHP - but sometimes i'm expected to talk to MS SQL Server... and I often have questions regarding that dbase too.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

The majority of database discussion here at Devshed is angled toward the web. MS SQL, because of its licensing fees is not the first choice for a web database and therefore is not a top discussion topic for web developers.
    Please fire away with your questions in regards to MS SQL. I feel confident that someone here can assist you.
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html
  9. m4d 5k1llz

Originally posted by victorpendleton

Please fire away with your questions in regards to MS SQL. I feel confident that someone here can assist you.
    I don't have any just now, but it is nice to know of a place to come in order to ask questions. It's often difficult to find people who have used MS SQL with opensource languages like PHP and PERL.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo