1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question access 2000 form problems

I have created an access 2000 db using several tables which I have linked. I have also created several forms to make use of the data. When I change from form to form the records dont seem to follow. Example: Customer Form is the base form, from here i created a button to open another form, eg Materials, both forms contain common fields such as name address, etc. The record that was open in the customer form is no longer the current record, I need to manaually scroll through the record to find the required one. Can these record reset automatically throughout various forms.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Are you starting a query on one form and drilling down as you access other forms or are you just accessing different information via different forms and wanting the new form to contain the customer Id from the previous form?
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html
  5. No Profile Picture

I haven,t created queries just multiple forms to enter data, I need specific data that was entered into the main form on record 1, to carry across to other forms that are linked to the main form. Data such as name,address, quote number, etc to bevisible on each form I go to. We need this to ensure the form that contains the materials required for a specific task corresponds with the correct customer.

At this stage we shift to another form and then need to scroll through recordsuntil we find the correct customer details.

So to answer your question I need detail such as customer id to go with the form change.

Regards Martin
  7. No Profile Picture

msforber, I don't know how to do *exactly* what you are wanting, which probably would require some scripting; however, here are a couple workarounds:

1)Note the record number before you change forms, bring up the second form, hit F5, type the record number and hit Enter.

2)Make Materials a subform of Customers. See Help/Contents/Working with Forms/Creating Multiple-Table or Linked Forms (Subforms) and browse from there.

I thought that I had read about a simple way to link two forms and have the parent form closed when the child form is opened from the command button, but I sure can't remember where that was. I'll post back if I run across it.

Russ
  9. No Profile Picture

I've done this

Create a query for each form you want linked to the main Form or the same query just make sure you have a refresh in your code so the data in the "main" form writes to the table before opening any other forms.
    In that query's Criteria line use a SQL Select statement linking back to the field (record number) as long as the main form is open the secondary forms will open to that record each time.
    hope this helps...
    Last edited by FreddieB; February 26th, 2003 at 06:56 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo