1. No Profile Picture
    matt1174
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unwanted sorting issue

Hi

I have a subform within a form into which parts for a job are typed.

While sorting is a wonderful tool, it is one which I do not want for this particular form. The user will often type in parts in a particular order, and is then infuriated when they go back and find that the list has been sorted alphabetically.

I cannot see how to get rid of any such 'sort' as I didn't add one, so I can only guess it's doing it automatically as a default.

Can anyone suggest to me how to get around this, so the parts stay listed in the order they are inputted, and then (yes, I want more), it would be great for that list to be printed out as listed - again, I have put no 'sort' on the report as such, but it still comes out in a peculiar order.

So far it's not been a major problem, but it's one we work round and would prefer to fix.

Additonally, I have other problems on other reports whereby Access seems to 'self-sort'.

Many thanks
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Can you please give some more information about you evironment?
    - How do you get the data from the database? SQL?
    - How do you create the form/subform?
  5. No Profile Picture
    matt1174
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    Hi

Yeah

I have a table which lists all the major details such as drawing number, customer etc, then a second table which lists all the parts available.

The main form is for data entry and stores data in the first table then the subform draws it's info from the second 'pre-loaded' table using a combo box drop list style.

Is that the info you need?

I created the forms using form wizard (I think) and it is all linked through relationships using a 'Link table' to allow it add several parts to one drawing.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo