September 6th, 2004, 08:00 AM
align client: change settings
I am trying to align a panel to align to the full window (as a masking tool), even though there are a few panels underneath it, preventing it. I think I have done this before, but don't know how. Can anyone help?
September 7th, 2004, 04:08 PM
This is pretty easy. All you have to do is make the bottom panel the parent of all the other panels. To do this:
0. Backup all your source files in case you screw something up.
1. Select all the other panel components (use shift-click to select multiple panel components).
2. Use Ctrl-X to cut all the selected components out of the form.
3. Drop a panel component on the form and set its Align property to alClient. This will create a panel that is spread out throughout the form.
4. Click on the panel component you just created and then hit Ctrl-V to paste back the other components you cut out in step 2 back.
Up the Irons
What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
"Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
Down with Sharon Osbourne
"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo