1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

For the beginners

Can you recommend any books or tutorials for beginners?

i have a book named "master delphi 7 by Marco Cantu" but it is a little to complicated and big considering i know absolutally nothing about delphi (but i know quite alot about vb programming)

Any help would be awesome. Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Talking

Don't know about the book you're using but I always bought Delphi Developers guide by Xavier found it to be pretty good.

There's plenty of tuts around too. If you've come from a VB background it maybe worth reading up on object orientation too as VB isn't a true OO langauge and the concepts of objects etc might seem a little odd (i'm assuming you only know VB here, sorry If you dont) I used to program VB a long time ago so i'm not sure how OO VB 6 was....

good luck with Delphi and don't forget if you do have questions, send em here there are lots of people willing to help.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Mocksy
    Don't know about the book you're using but I always bought Delphi Developers guide by Xavier found it to be pretty good.

There's plenty of tuts around too. If you've come from a VB background it maybe worth reading up on object orientation too as VB isn't a true OO langauge and the concepts of objects etc might seem a little odd (i'm assuming you only know VB here, sorry If you dont) I used to program VB a long time ago so i'm not sure how OO VB 6 was....

good luck with Delphi and don't forget if you do have questions, send em here there are lots of people willing to help.
    yeh thx, vb 6 is very much OO, i learnt QBASIC before vb too, but that doesn't help because it was a crappy language

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo