1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Borland Delphi 6 and Delphi 8 ???

Hi All,

I'm really new to Delphi...really really need ur guys input...
    I just received a new project to customize and upgrade the existing client-server based Delphi project with MS SQL 2000 DB. The problem is the existing system is developed using Delphi 6. Can I use Delphi 8 to develop and customize it? Or I still have to use back Delphi 6 ? Coz it seems the Delplhi 8 is for Ms .NET Framework, whereas my system is a client-server based system. Will I face any problem if I use Delphi 8 as my development tool? and will I have the problem during deployment to the user if I use Delphi 8 instead of Delphi 6?

Your input and help is very very much appreciated...
    Thanks....
    Last edited by shalilatharash; May 20th, 2004 at 02:10 AM.
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    If past track records are anything to go by, I haven't had too many problems moving code upwards from previous versions of Delphi. There are minor irritants sometimes, but for the most part, the transitions have be pretty smooth. Of course, my experience is mainly from D2-D6.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo