1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can't connect to mysql server

I am a beginner delphi developer, I downloaded the MYDAC software for me to connect to mysql databases using Myconnection and Mytable in delphi 5. Everything works really fine since I am connecting locally on the same machine. I had MYsql on my computer and delphi. I can add, delete and edit data using the DBNavigator button on delphi. But the problem is?? I want to connect to the database server using the same procedure using TMYconnection and TMytable, I indicated on the server the IP address of the computer (ex. 194.165.0.3) and it says cannot connect to the mysql server on 194.165.0.3 (10060).. Can anyone help me with this problem??? I need to finish my project in 2 weeks times..... BTW i'm working on windows 98 and database server is running on linux platform.

Thanks

late
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Can you connect from the Windows machine to the linux machine using *ANY* mysql client (not just your delphi program). For all you know, this might be a permissions or firewall issue.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

how can i use DBExpress to cpnnect oracle 8.0.5 to delphi 7.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo