1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Delphi and MySQL trough ADO and ODBC very slow

hello people,
    I'm writing a client-server application using Delphi 7 Enterprise and MySQL 4.1 database server. I want to be indipendent and free from BDE and dbExpress technology, therefore I'm trying to use ADO components trough standard OLEDB ODBC Provider to connect with MySQL (with myODBC 3.51 driver). BUT IT IS VERY SLOW!!! It takes more than 3 seconds for a stupid UPDATE statement such "UPDATE users SET user.connected = 1". I tried to connect using myOLEDB Provider insead of standard OLE ODBC Provider, but it is slow too, and MyOLEDB only support base features and I need some advanced features.
    Now I'm trying with CoreLab MyDAC components. It is very fast, but my application is no longer database indipendent, and I'm a little afraid of this

Has anyone any idea to go faster with standard database access technologies???? Thank you very very much
    Bye
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    This usually happens if you have a separate connection for each ADO component instead of using a TADOConnection and hooking the rest of the components through it (i.e. you're setting the ConnectionString property of TADOQuery/TADOStoredProc, instead of the Connection property to a TADODatabase component). I've used ADO with mysql and it is pretty fast.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo