1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Delphi7 & Remote Device Access

Hi Everyone!
    I'm developing an application in delphi7 that allows a remote connection to a device and its configuration.

I created a client that make a remote connection, and a server that listens to a specified port; the next step is to make the server able to forward the calls of the clients to a specific device (such as a router): how can I realize this step with Delphi (for example, is it better to use events or not)??
    If You can give some code example I would be very grateful!!
    Thank You!!

Christian
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Not sure what you're doing here, but a server socket has a OnClientRead event that you can hook to, when you're reading data from the client. Is this what you're looking for?
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Better Explanation

I explain better: I have to realize an application that remotely, using the tcp/ip protocol, can give me the possibility to access to a router through a server application.
    I have ALREADY realized the simple server and client application; now I have to manage the clients' requests of access in a better way: does it exist a way (a tool) that can work over my simple server to manage these requests???
    Tank You!!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo