1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Error accessing Paradox Database through network

Hi all,

I've done a complete application using Paradox 7, but when i try to connect my paradox database through the network (eq. \\myserver\mydblocation) an error accours saying =

EDBEngineError with message "Directory is controlled by other .NET file. Direcory C:\ File: F:\PDOXUSR.LCK'

btw, i used TSession component which property NetFileDir is directed to \\myserver\mydblocation.

in order to get rid the error, i have configure the paradox db using bde administrator on the server (\\myserver). I directed the Net Dir to the sharing directory D:\mydblocation.

I have also checked file \\myserver\mydblocation\PDOXUSRS.NET on the network, but it seem fine (the file is still in the directory).

After i done thie all, the error was gone, but another one appears saying =
    Network initialization failed. Permission denied. File: \\HRD06\DATAREAL\PDOXUSRS.NET Directory: \\HRD06\DATAREAL\

I really confuse with the paradox table!!!
    has anyone here got any suggestion??
    am i doing something wrong??

btw, i am using Delphi 7 Enterprise Edition.

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Marthen,

I'm not what one would call an expert in Paradox, but permission errors are usually linked to user permissions in network files/folders. Have you checked that all user have full access to the file?

Besides configuring the PDOXUSERS.NET, you shoul also make sure some other BDE an OS settings are ok for shared access. Take a look at the following links:

http://www.thedelphimagazine.com/sam...ox/paradox.htm

http://www.nixsoft.co.uk/bdechecker.html

HTH,
    Porteiro

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo