1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Intraweb - File Transfer CRC problem

Hi all!

We use Intraweb with DELPHI7 to build .dll modules dealing with data and file transfers. Our problem appears to arise from the latter function.

Using WINZIP, we build a .EXE and try to download it under .dll control. The following error is generated when the receiver attempts to run the self-executing .EXE file. "ZIP damaged: c:\temp\<local file details>\filename. Bad CRC 8c43a99f (should be 99f2c729). Possible cause: file transfer error."

Doing the same file transfer operation using a normal .ZIP under html works just fine.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I hope so ... Some help would be much appreciated!

Norm
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Probably depends on how your DLL is transferring the file. Two possible causes of error:
    1. Your DLL is transferring the file via FTP and you're using ASCII instead of BINARY mode to transfer the file.
    2. You are writing out the file to disk in text mode instead of binary mode.

Without more details, it is difficult to advise you as to what the problem is. Have you checked the filesize after the DLL has transferred the file to see if it is the same size as the source?
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up thank you, problem solved

It was the BINARY setting that had not been done for the file transfer. Works like a charm now! Thank you moderator!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo