1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Issue with IndyFTP Component and new server - what should I be looking for?

I'm working with a program using the IndyFTP components. (I don't know the exact version at the moment, but this program has been in service for over a decade now, so the component is at least that old.) We recently tried to set up a new offsite server, and I'm going through the process of getting it to do everything the machines onsite can handle, including the FTP setup. And on the FTP setup, I'm running into a problem.

Both machines are using vsftpd. I went back, and to the best of my ability, I've duplicated the configuration files from the older machine on the newer one. But I'm running into a connection error - I can connect to the old system just fine using either the Windows command line ftp command, or the Delphi program. I can connect to the new machine via the Windows command line, but any attempt to connect with the Delphi program pauses, then errors out with a message '10060' error. From what I've seen about that online, I believe that means my program is simply failing to connect to the system.

As I said, I have no problem connecting to the system via command line. Given that the problem appears only in the Delphi component, what details in the component do I need to be looking for to trace how it's connecting? I can verify that it's using the same IP and Username/Password (set programatically) as the manual connection attempt, and that the component port is set to 21. I don't know what else I need to look at there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    EnderX
  3. No Profile Picture

tried you change property passive ?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have struggled a bit with Indy Ftp over the years. At some point I turned to an alternative (free) Ftp client from OverbyteIcs (click ICS and then click Download ICS-V8.16 (Apr, 2015)).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo