1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Migration from Client-server Delphi 6 TO Web-based Delphi 8 Application...

Hi,

I really need help to seek your opinion on how complex it is to migrate the existing client-server Delphi 6 system to a Web-based Delphi 8 application.

FYI, the existing Delphi 6 system uses third party libraries aside from the common libraries of the Borland Delphi 6. It uses Express Forum Library version 1.3, the self-extractor Crystal report – VCL Component for Delphi 6, RX Library run time packages and the RX Library design time packages. It seems all these components are specifically for Delphi 6 only, because I’ve tried to run it using Delphi 8, but cannot proceed to install these components as it is only for Delphi 6.

I think it seems like a major revamp of the system to migrate to Delphi 8, as Delphi 8 is in .NET framework, plus I need to do a web-based application instead of the existing client-server based application.
    What do you think guys? Any advise?

Thanks a lot….
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Did you get any replies on this issue? I also need to do something similar.
    Thanks
    Amit

Originally Posted by shalilatharash
    Hi,

I really need help to seek your opinion on how complex it is to migrate the existing client-server Delphi 6 system to a Web-based Delphi 8 application.

FYI, the existing Delphi 6 system uses third party libraries aside from the common libraries of the Borland Delphi 6. It uses Express Forum Library version 1.3, the self-extractor Crystal report – VCL Component for Delphi 6, RX Library run time packages and the RX Library design time packages. It seems all these components are specifically for Delphi 6 only, because I’ve tried to run it using Delphi 8, but cannot proceed to install these components as it is only for Delphi 6.

I think it seems like a major revamp of the system to migrate to Delphi 8, as Delphi 8 is in .NET framework, plus I need to do a web-based application instead of the existing client-server based application.
    What do you think guys? Any advise?

Thanks a lot….

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo