1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Object creation in Implementation section...

Interface

Uses

Type
    TSample = class (TObject)

end
    Implementation

Uses

Type
    TSample1 = Class (TSample)
    end

I just need to access an object which is in implementation section of an object, is it possible ?
    What's the use of this kind of object creation ?
    Can we access this class(TSample1) from another class ?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've never seen where you declare a TYPE in the implementation section of a unit. Sorry for the pun, but the implementation section implements the code using the types you declared in the interface section:

Code:
    unit Unit1;

interface

uses
       ...;

type
      private
        privatevar: vartype;
        procedure privateProc1(myparam: paramtype);
      public
        publicvar: vartype;
        procedure publicProc1(myparam: paramtype);
      end;
      //you'd have to implement all of TSample's methods in Implementation section also.

//assuming TSample is part of Form1

TForm1 = class(TForm)
         //all your form's objects and methods
         procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
         //You can create a TSample in FormCreate...
         procedure FormClose(Sender: TObject);
         //Destroy TSample in FormClose...
      private
         //Declare an instance of TSample Here
         MySample: TSample;
      public
        { Public declarations }
      end;

implementation
    {$R *.DFM}

{TSample}//TSample Methods are implemented

procedure TSample.privateProc1(myparam: paramtype);
    begin
        //implementation of TSample methods
    end;

procedure TSample.publicProc1(myparam: paramtype);
    begin
        //implementation of TSample methods
    end;

{TForm1}//TForm Code implmentation

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
    begin
       MySample := TSample.Create(nil);
    end;

procedure TForm1.FormClose(Sender: TObject);
    begin
       MySample.Free;
       MySample := nil;
    end;

end.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Murugavel
    Interface

Uses

Type

end
    Implementation

Uses

Type
    TSample1 = Class (TSample)
    end

I just need to access an object which is in implementation section of an object, is it possible ?
    Yes, it is possible. In fact I have done it quite often.

What's the use of this kind of object creation ?
    To make the class "private" to the unit. So the class is not accessible from outside the unit.

Can we access this class(TSample1) from another class ?
    Only from code inside the same unit and after the "private" class declaration.

Final note: except for hiding the class from another unit I haven't found practical use of this approach. However from OOP point of view this is a good practice. Personally I done this only to avoid the "private" classes to show in Code Completion menu.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Luthfi
    Yes, it is possible. In fact I have done it quite often.

To make the class "private" to the unit. So the class is not accessible from outside the unit.

Only from code inside the same unit and after the "private" class declaration.

Final note: except for hiding the class from another unit I haven't found practical use of this approach. However from OOP point of view this is a good practice. Personally I done this only to avoid the "private" classes to show in Code Completion menu.

Thanks a lot,
    I changed the access control, right now its available to other classes.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Final note: except for hiding the class from another unit I haven't found practical use of this approach.
    Another, dangerous but sometimes useful, reason is to gain access to the protected section of the ancestor class.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by clivew
    Another, dangerous but sometimes useful, reason is to gain access to the protected section of the ancestor class.
    You talked about "cracker" class. Unfortunately, if you read prior posts carefully you will see that we did not discuss about that.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You talked about "cracker" class. Unfortunately, if you read prior posts carefully you will see that we did not discuss about that.
    Hi Luthfi,
    Sometimes I have difficulty understanding your responses.
    When I simply reply to your comment that you have never found any other use for declaring an object type in the implementation section with another possibility why on earth would you respond by chastising me for not reading the prior posts?
    It was you, after all, who introduced the idea that there were no other uses.

Having followed your posts and links for some time, I respect both your knowledge of Delphi and your willingness to share and help. I just get surprised by the acerbic nature of some of your responses to me.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Luthfi,
    Sometimes I have difficulty understanding your responses.
    When I simply reply to your comment that you have never found any other use for declaring an object type in the implementation section with another possibility why on earth would you respond by chastising me for not reading the prior posts?
    It was you, after all, who introduced the idea that there were no other uses.

Having followed your posts and links for some time, I respect both your knowledge of Delphi and your willingness to share and help. I just get surprised by the acerbic nature of some of your responses to me.
    I think you just never tried to understand my posts. You talked about cracker class which does not necessarily to be declared in implementation of a unit. So the purpose of that cracker class does not specifically tied with the advantage of declaring class in implementation of a unit.

Cracker class got its "benefits" from the fact that protected section is visible from descendant class(es).

When I said I found no other uses I talked about all kind of classes in general. Not cracker class, which (again) does not have to be declared in implementation.

Is that so hard to understand?
    Last edited by Luthfi; December 16th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is that so hard to understand?
    What is hard to understand is your acerbic attitude.

It is a fairly well known approach to hide a cracker class in the implementation section of the unit in which it is required rather than making it visible to the entire application.

In that respect I believe it was a legitimate observation in response to your comment about the limited uses of declaring an object type in the implementation section. Certainly not deserving of your derogatory suggestion that I should read the prior posts more carefully.

Anyway - enough of this. Either your attitude will mellow or it will not.
    Let us turn to more productive conversations.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What is hard to understand is your acerbic attitude.
    I don't see why do you feel so bitter about my attitude. Or was it your ego? Why don't you just answer the simple questions, and prove that cracker class must be declared in implementation section? If you can then I admit my mistake and apologize. If you can't, please don't pretend that the problem is my attitude.

Btw, I now seem to recall that you could never answer direct simple technical questions when the answers would disappointed you. I think you should work on that too.

It is a fairly well known approach to hide a cracker class in the implementation section of the unit in which it is required rather than making it visible to the entire application.
    Your response simply confirms my point. Declaring cracker class in implementation IS FOR HIDING. NOT A NECESSITY.

In that respect I believe it was a legitimate observation in response to your comment about the limited uses of declaring an object type in the implementation section. Certainly not deserving of your derogatory suggestion that I should read the prior posts more carefully.
    Then it's also a legitimate response that cracker class is not what we were talking here. BECAUSE IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE DECLARED IN IMPLEMENTATION SECTION.

Anyway - enough of this. Either your attitude will mellow or it will not.
    Let us turn to more productive conversations.
    Like I have said before, I don't care about you.
    Last edited by Luthfi; December 18th, 2012 at 04:42 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo