Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I did this now but I don't see any major changes anywhere except instead of program title occured the path to nonexisting exe file. So in the title says:

G:\LRMA\Project1.exe

Obviously I went to this folder to double check it, and no EXE file anywhere. Checked once more all other locations on hard drive via both CMD and start button\search\files and folders.
    EXE didn't appear anywhere.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That was the intended change, to display the path and name of your program.

I can't tell why you can't find it, but the program does exist on your G drive, it resides in the directory LRMA and the program is called Project1.exe
    Last edited by majlumbo; July 28th, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture

what should i do
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ItsNotMe
    what should i do
    Do you have any antivirus program running (Norton, Symantec) that could be deleting the program? Sometimes, my AV (Norton) alerts on the programs I write and deletes them, but it tells me it's happening, and I can unquarantine it manually.
  9. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

You have enabled "hide known extension"?

Can see four files with the name "Project1" besides the one with .dof, you have looked at the extension of these files?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Good catch MrFujin, I should have thought of that!!!
  13. No Profile Picture

majlumbo I have antivirus (avast) yes but I temporary used to shut it down (next time I tried with disabling it) just for this purpose. So it couldn't delete the file.

MrFujin. I tried to turn OFF hide known extensions because I always have it ON. I checked extensions and none of those files is EXE. I also checked this exact same folder inside CMD.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I don't think this is a Delphi issue.

Either this is something so basic in Windows that none of us has considered it (like the hidden EXE extension) or it is something very peculiar to your setup that you have not
    explained to us.

I think you might have to pay someone to do a WebEx / GoToMeeting type consultation
    to get to the bottom of it.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ItsNotMe
    I did this now but I don't see any major changes anywhere except instead of program title occured the path to nonexisting exe file. So in the title says:

G:\LRMA\Project1.exe

Obviously I went to this folder to double check it, and no EXE file anywhere. Checked once more all other locations on hard drive via both CMD and start button\search\files and folders.
    EXE didn't appear anywhere.
    Since now you know where the .exe is, you can open the folder in Windows Explorer, then run the project from Delphi. While the project is running, its .exe should be there.

If after the project is terminated its .exe is gone, then you should check other factor. It's definitely not related with Delphi, especially with Delphi 7.
  19. No Profile Picture

ItsNotMe, don't know if you have resolved your problem. All I can say is that I had the same problem (of not finding the executible), but later learned that it is "hidden." Do you have a folder called Debug within your main folder? Within that there should be another folder called Win32 (at least in my case, it is Win32; don't know if there is a Win64 yet). Anyway, open that too, and you'll find the exe hiding in there.

I'm pretty new to Delphi too, so take my suggestion with a large grain of salt! By the way, I use Windows 7 and Delphi XE.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo