1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Transparent watermark window

Hello all, I am new to the forum, and am in the process of getting back into some Delphi programming after 10 years without doing any coding. I purchased Delphi XE2 starter last year, and am trying to just get to grips with programming again.

I have a question in relation to something I want to try out, a transparent watermark overlay window that cannot receive focus, so all mouse clicks etc are received by the window below.

I do a lot of digital artwork, and very often use the screen capture to use as examples, but also want to protect the image with a watermark without having to do it in an external program.

The idea is to have a transparent window that will overlay my working application window that is transparent and will have a watermark that I can also adjust the transparency on, but all mouse clicks etc will click right through to the window below , even when clicked over the partially transparent watermark.

Basically a transparent window with text that will never receive focus or mouse clicks.

Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

Thank You!.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Orion20036
    Hello all, I am new to the forum, and am in the process of getting back into some Delphi programming after 10 years without doing any coding. I purchased Delphi XE2 starter last year, and am trying to just get to grips with programming again.

I have a question in relation to something I want to try out, a transparent watermark overlay window that cannot receive focus, so all mouse clicks etc are received by the window below.

I do a lot of digital artwork, and very often use the screen capture to use as examples, but also want to protect the image with a watermark without having to do it in an external program.

The idea is to have a transparent window that will overlay my working application window that is transparent and will have a watermark that I can also adjust the transparency on, but all mouse clicks etc will click right through to the window below , even when clicked over the partially transparent watermark.

Basically a transparent window with text that will never receive focus or mouse clicks.

Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

Thank You!.

Problem solved about an hour ago!.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Orion20036
    Problem solved about an hour ago!.
    Congrats!

I would suggest to override the Paint method and draw the watermark there. If it's a form, you can do it by handling its OnPaint event.

But I really want to know your solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo