1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question webbrowser alternatives

hello world !

can you tell me a properly working webbrowser component which is possible to be automated, underpressuring error/java/... messages ?
    i tried twebbrowser (IE), but the damn sh*t does not do very well if there causes any error. it shows the err msg and i can not do anything against :-(
    do you know a solution for that problem?

and with the webbrowser object of mozilla i am getting problems with automating.
    it works only with mshtml2 not mshtml(1) and no one can tell me how to count for example the forms or elements and so on.
    can you help me at least with that problem?

if no one can help, i need an alternative for these 2 webbrowser components :-(
    of course, for free. any tipps?

thank you very much!
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Do you specifically need a webbrowser component or do you just need something that can fetch a webpage for you (but not render it)? Also, have you tried setting webbrowser.Silent := True; in your code.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

it is only important that it can fill in formulars, click buttons and so on.
    it would be cool, if it supports javascript like common browsers do.
    but it is not very important to show it nicely.
    but it must be useable for a human, too... not only to be automated...

do you know something free therefore?

thank you!

ps: yes, i tried webbrowser.Silent := True; but it did not really change anything :-(
  7. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    There is a registry setting in Windows that tells Internet Explorer not to pop up debugging windows (I think it is under Options --> Advanced --> Script Debugging). Maybe you could try turning it off so it doesn't pop any JS error messages.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo