1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Writing an AdBlocker for IE

I want to power up my IE toolbar with some advanced ad blocking features involving changes to the document itself (replacing filtered parts with warning images for example). Of course this must be done before the document is processed by the browser - - is this possible? I guess, but I could not find any hint how to do this. Does someone have an idea or maybe an example?

Thanks in advance!!
  3. No Profile Picture

I'm working on a similar project...

I need to scan the incoming HTML, match some regular expressions from that HTML and based on that creat a link right in the middle of the HTML page...

I'm not sure where to start... maybe you could help...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All I know is that we need a Browser Helper Object (BHO). It receives some important events (download complete, etc), but don't know if there is a way to modify the page and pass it to the browser before it is already processed.

Another problem is making a usable GUI. To be really useful, such a program requires a toolbar, however, according my best knowledge a BHO can't appear as a toolbar, only as a regular window in front of the document. We could create a controller toolbar, but I have no idea how the toolbar could communicate with the BHO.

PS: I found a PopupBlocker example written in C++, but I could not figure out too much information. The URL: http://www.codeproject.com/atl/PopupBlocker.asp
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Does anyone know how could I assign a procedure to an OleVariant property (IHTMLDocument2.OnBeforeUpdate)?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo