Thread: delphi in HTML?

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

delphi in HTML?

Hi,
    i am new to Delphi and hence need a couple of clarifications:
    1. I am creating a GUI where i need to design my own customized dialog boxes, popup menus etc.
    someone suggested me that Delphi is ideal for this GUI. is it easy to create GUI in Delphi?

2. the most important question i have:
    the GUI that i develop will have to be embedded in a HTML/JavaScript page. So if i use delphi to create the GUI, can i later embed it into a HTML file.
    if it is not possible, can u suggest me the software using which i can create my own GUI and embed into HTML page.
    Thanks in advance
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    1. Yes, very easy
    2. You could always write it as an Active X object and embed that into the webpage. Delphi has a wizard to create ActiveForms real easily. See http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa042099.htm for a brief tutorial.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,
    Thank you for the quick reply. it was indeed pleasing for me to see that i can design the GUI in Delphi and later embed it into HTML.
    can you give the site from where i can download a trial version of the Delphi software and try out the GUI design?
  7. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    www.borland.com offers free downloads of Delphi.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo