1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Skinning forms in BCB 6.0

Hello again.

Has anyone tried skinning forms in BCB 6 (without using third party controls) ?

What i am talking about is something like exactly like Winamp.

I am thinking of painting the picture onto the form and buttons.

What might be the best approach ?

Plz enlighten me.

TIA

Invictus
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Yes, actually I did it in Delphi, but I believe the component is available for C++ builder too. Just google for "TSkinForm"
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The concept is control and paint onto NC (non-client) area of the windows(form/button).

First, define a window region so that your form can have irregular shape (like rounded edge). Also define your client area of the form. You google for info on this.

Second, paint to the NC area. You would need to paint your custom graphics onto the border of the window during NCPAINT events.

Third is to make your graphics work with the default winproc. This is hardest as different version of Windows has different behaviour.

This is not a good method but is the one i used. You can find out about Windows Theme Services as an alternative.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo