1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry Convert Integer into a String

I'm an absolute beginner in Delphi and have been writing something that I'd like to debug as I code....the only way i know that can display something on some sort of popup box is by using the 'showmessage('afdlkjsadfl');' command, however that only takes in a string , so what happens if i want to display a number? (i.e. an array index that i'm dealing with etc..I've been trying to see if I've been saving the right stuff in an array) ... I can't find a way to convert the integer into a String first before i can display it with 'showmessage' .. can anybody please help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by HappyTomato
    I'm an absolute beginner in Delphi and have been writing something that I'd like to debug as I code....the only way i know that can display something on some sort of popup box is by using the 'showmessage('afdlkjsadfl');' command, however that only takes in a string , so what happens if i want to display a number? (i.e. an array index that i'm dealing with etc..I've been trying to see if I've been saving the right stuff in an array) ... I can't find a way to convert the integer into a String first before i can display it with 'showmessage' .. can anybody please help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    look at this link:
    http://www.delphibasics.co.uk/RTL.asp?Name=IntToStr

you should first try to find answer using google. It took 20 seconds to find that site. nobody likes answering such basic questions because everybody know it is very easy to find such answers in web.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NoTaBeNe
    look at this link:
    http://www.delphibasics.co.uk/RTL.asp?Name=IntToStr

you should first try to find answer using google. It took 20 seconds to find that site. nobody likes answering such basic questions because everybody know it is very easy to find such answers in web.
    first of all thank you, second of all, i'm sorry if this appeared very easy for you to find the solution, I hope you did read in my quesitons that i said i was a beginner in this, and perhaps maybe i should have mentioned that I HAVE tried searching for it in google, just with the wrong keywords.. I hope you also know that if u don't use the right keyword it's not easy to get the right answers... for example I have just been using the keywords 'Delphi Convert Integer to String' etc... maybe for people like you who knows exactly what fuctions you're looking for IntToStr just comes naturally in your mind and using those keywords would of course returns the exact right pages, but this wasn't the case for me.. but either way.. thanks for your help, i'll try harder next time
    The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo