1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Messaging between client and server?

Hi folks,
    I hope, some of you have experiences in CS programming. I need to build a server-app (service or application) that can receive simple requests (3-5 diffrent types) from a small number of clients, work the requests and post a message back to the client, when requested work is done.

What I'd like to know is about the best technique for such a thing.

Has anybody any ideas which is best technique to use?

Regards,
    cameo69
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can check out the Indy Client and Server controls.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by cameo69
    Hi folks,
    I hope, some of you have experiences in CS programming. I need to build a server-app (service or application) that can receive simple requests (3-5 diffrent types) from a small number of clients, work the requests and post a message back to the client, when requested work is done.
    The easiest and best way to do what you're asking is to get one of the 3rd party n-tier libraries for Delphi.

One good one to look at is RemObjects at http://www.remobjects.com.

The one I use is kbmMW at http://www.components4developers.com . kbmMW has a free non-commercial version that would easily do what you want. The commercial version mostly just adds the ability to transparently do "query" services that transfer datasets and automatically update server with changes. Takes a small amount of time to learn (read 1st whitepaper on creating services) but after that it works like a dream. Don't be fooled by the cheesy nature of the website and the overall poor quality of documentation, this stuff works great. There's a kbmMW newsgroup that is quite active and where you can get plenty of help to get started.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo