January 24th, 2007, 04:01 PM
.Net based Arena Client App
So the 'bot' program I mentioned earlier is ready for a first review. I've decided against implementing the clan and update character sections for now, there is no user battle section, and the monster battle still just opens a web page, but everything else is done.
I'm looking for feedback of any kind:
Bugs, UI glitches or improvements, feature requests, whether you liked it, etc.
The zip file is the full VS solution with of the few of the larger object files removed for size. If you want just the program dig down a few levels and you'll find debug and release folders that should both contain working exe's.
If you want to look at the code, the meat is in the character.vb, webscraper.vb, and form1.vb files.
A few ideas I'm looking at adding, depending on feedback:
1) An option to the money section to keep your Pocket at 0 and just pull money from the bank as you need it.
2) If I get enough requests maybe have the battle do more than launch a web page.
3) I think the item, theif, and monster selection forms are all pretty lame, I need ideas to make them nicer.
4) Finish the update character screen.
5) Clan screen, but I'll need help for that because it's really a group feature- I'll have a hard time exploring all the options on my own.
6) Some of the top lists (Top 10 & browse from the battle screen, richest members from bank area, etc).
7) User battle- with possible enhancement of using first taunts to connect clients for real-time chat. Again- this would be a group feature.
8) Moving all the constants from the character class to a file that is loaded at runtime, so you don't have to re-compile if they change a layout somewhere.
9) The Heal groupbox is not as intuitive as I would like- need suggestions.
10) Do something with the empty area dead center of the form.
Last edited by f'lar; January 24th, 2007 at 04:07 PM.
January 29th, 2007, 11:14 AM
So has anyone tried this at all? I really would like to hear about if you have.
Keep in mind that this program is not an automated way to level up your character. It will not fight any bots for you automatically and therefore it is not cheating in anyway to use this program. It is a much easier (and often faster, since it only loads the html and images you need) way to do things such as heal your character, buy items, and move money to and from the bank.