Results: Do you like using the Command Line Interface instead of a GUI?? 

Voters
6 You may not vote on this poll

• Yes
    66.67%
  • No
    33.33%
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question am i the only person who LIKES the CLI??

with a wave of microsoft programs continuing to simplify programing, you don't even have to know how to program to be a programmer anymore. right now i am using Access in a class in school. everything you need to do is done for you in a GUI. How many people like the fact that the Access does the work for you? I know I don't. I prefer using a command line and mysql. Instead of using Visual Basic, i would much rather write the whole program myslef in C++. Sometimes I just prefer a command line interface to a GUI...

btw Acces has crashed 3 times in the last 10 minutes lol
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use the CLI for all my database work. It is definitely faster albeit not any easier (clicking around is easier than typing a lot of commands) -- it takes forever to bring up the client, connect, render a window, etc.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Caffeine - Nicotine - Sugar

I like to work with the GUI. The compiler and sometimes SSH is only thing i start with the command line. For me, working w the GUI is much faster (shortcut-keys n stuff).

BUT: i programm everything w real sourcecode, i don't think drag, drop n' run as with Access will result in well structured code.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo