Page 16 of 16 First ... 6141516
  • Jump to page:
  1. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    <my long response is still brewing...>

    In the meantime:

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Damn, I almost didn't want to make that reply post to Dangerous the moment I did, because I wanted to give Catacaustic a chance to reply to my post.
    I only see this as evidence of the fact that you're talking in circles... When talking in circles with two separate people it can be tough to manage at which point of the "turn" you're in ;-)
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
  2. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    ...and I have been saying that same thing haven’t I? That was my argument, so I ‘m not sure what you’re trying to disagree about here.
    Easy there mate, it's pretty clear the disagreement is because you lack the experience of being approached by women to make anything you say relevant at all... LOL

    Maybe my demography + the fact that I too was arguing with the "older" population on the Shed about my life situation will meet the level of credentials needed to have my (OUR) point taken .
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Because that’s what’s pretty much universally meant as “topless” when referring to people. Just because you put your own individual meaning on it doesn’t mean that anyone else will agree. And why not say “shirtless”? It’s more accurate and depicts what you want to say clearly.
    Topless doesn't mean with a shirt on.

    Shirtless has a slight disambiguation of "shirless only" and "shirtless and topless" but that's an assumption to say shirtless = shirtless + topless.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    You may not have to be standing right next to it, but definitely hanging around close enough to a garbage can to notice things like that. It’s still association. If you think that’s OK, just stand around next to a dumpster and see what reactions you get. I’ll bet you haven’t tried that experiment yet.
    But see, my example is that the girl has to be near a garbage can, not me. And I have to be reasonably close to the girl.

    Cases where a girl walked past a garbage can, threw something on the ground, and walking towards me, and then me offering her money to pick it up and throw it into that nearest garbage can.

    How close I am to the garbage can is irrelevant.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    I do, but no one has said anything like that. You’re extrapolating things that aren’t there instead of using what we’ve actually said.
    And my evidence is still not disproven. People who have an internal will of "being the 1st to talk to women" aren't experts at "will women talk to me 1st." That's what I specialize in.

    You can say you're approached 100 girls, but that doesn't make you an expert on how to get approached by girl. Someone who've tried setting up experiments - to see what works, will be a more expert because he will know what doesn't work...

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Really? That’s how you determined that everyone was looking at your profiles?
    Yes.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Sorry, but no. Facebook is a bit smarter than that. Sure, they might have, but it’s also very possible that the older lady sent a message to the younger one asking if she’d come to lunch with her and you, and Facebook has seen that as an association and done its own linking. Same thing with her family. They would be drawn in by comparison too. I see that on my Facebook all the time. People that I’ve never had contact with but friends of friends know are suggested to me. I’ve never viewed their profile and they’ve never viewed mine. Not because we know about each other or even care of the other one is alive, but because of “friends of friends” and Facebook wants to push as many friend relationships as possible to boost their own advertising reach.
    That's how it is when someone shows up on the People you may know list, for the "1st time." And that's usually because you've recently added new friends.

    But when someone shows up for the 2nd, 3rd time, which can be weeks or months later, then it's gonna be because they've viewed it again.

    So sometimes, a person viewing your profile for the 1st time, will show up as People you know for the 2nd time.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Sorry, but no. Older women pursue men more because they are more confident in themselves and what they want, and they’ve matured enough to realise that if they are interested in someone there’s no reason why they should wait for someone else to make the first move.
    Yes, the 2nd part of what you said is what my definition of gem mentality is. I'm guessing you didn't like my word choice or we both have a different interpretation of what gem mentality is.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    I’m not sure of what I’d need to do for that. You don’t seem to listen to anyone else that doesn’t agree with you, so anything that I say now, or have said in the past, that doesn’t fit into your assessment of how things are doesn’t get allowed into your thought process.

    I’ve said many things so far that have been correct, but you’ve either ignored them or told me that I’m wrong - with no backup either. It goes both ways here.
    And as a great way to just change the subject, back on topic here.

    Yea, I made the statement, a girl could be into A, B, C, D, and E.

    And I could be A, C, E, G, and I.

    Therefore, she is 3/5th into me.

    You just made it into A could be 10x more powerful than B, like A could be rich and B could be taking a shower once a week, so 1 could be more important than the other.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Yes that’s very true, and I have been saying that same thing haven’t I? That was my argument, so I ‘m not sure what you’re trying to disagree about here.
    That's just expanding on my model. You say you disagree on my model and yet expand on it (regarding hierachal of preferences, which the examples of being Muslim and vegetarian).








    You want the "secret"? Here it is.

    To attract every any woman in the world, you have to know what that woman wants at that particular time, and be exactly that at that particular time.

    Yes, that's broad. Yes that's open-ended. Yes, that's virtually impossible. But that's the way to do it.

    What else could you ever need to know?
    While I would not want to try to attract every woman in the world....

    Yes, I think we're finally reaching a climax here.

    So I said women can be in A, B, C, or D and such.

    Then to get approached by women, I'm looking for a situation to do A, B, C, or D.

    If such situation comes up, bam!

    That's what I mean, trying to find good situations to see if women would approach men.Besides just for men walking around shirtless.

    There's videos of 2 guys seeing hot girl walk down the street, but maybe 1 of the guys isn't into her.

    So he goes and harasses the girl, assaults her, then the 2nd guy jumps in and pretend to be a hero and fends him off. And then the girl thanks him... Ya, the whole thing is a skit.

    Funny videos indeed.

    Most of my situations I look for are for single-person situations but yes with more guys opens more possibilities... all about being at the right place at the right time (for cases where you didn't cause the situation).
  4. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    While I would not want to try to attract every woman in the world....

    Yes, I think we're finally reaching a climax here.

    So I said women can be in A, B, C, or D and such.

    Then to get approached by women, I'm looking for a situation to do A, B, C, or D.

    If such situation comes up, bam!

    That's what I mean, trying to find good situations to see if women would approach men.Besides just for men walking around shirtless.
    And everyone here has given you multiple examples of how to do that, but every time we say that you rebuff everyone every time - even though we are right. And so far your "experiments" have done nothing for you or your understanding of what is or isn't needed, so you've offically wasted a coupel of years of your life on something that you'll never understand. Congratulations.

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    There's videos of 2 guys seeing hot girl walk down the street, but maybe 1 of the guys isn't into her.

    So he goes and harasses the girl, assaults her, then the 2nd guy jumps in and pretend to be a hero and fends him off. And then the girl thanks him... Ya, the whole thing is a skit.

    Funny videos indeed.
    So.. a "funny video" involves assulting a woman, and then someone faking being a hero, all for YouTube clicks? Yeah, because violence and aggression towards women is just such a good thing to model your behavour on.

    If that's your idea of "how it's done" you've officially lost your way completely and you can't be saved. Good luck (you'll need it). I still can't work out if you've jsut been trolling everyone for a year or you've got serious mental health issues.

    I'm out.
  5. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Originally Posted by Dangerous
    Easy there mate, it's pretty clear the disagreement is because you lack the experience of being approached by women to make anything you say relevant at all... LOL

    Maybe my demography + the fact that I too was arguing with the "older" population on the Shed about my life situation will meet the level of credentials needed to have my (OUR) point taken .
    Sorry Dangerous. My disagreement wasn't with you. It was with LostShadow. So far you've been a great voice in here, and have kept it a fair bit more cool then I have.
  6. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Sorry Dangerous. My disagreement wasn't with you. It was with LostShadow. So far you've been a great voice in here, and have kept it a fair bit more cool then I have.
    Haha - sorry, should have tagged some sarcasm in there... I was definitely kidding! Besides, I wouldn’t say you or I have been doing the disagreeing here :-]
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    And everyone here has given you multiple examples of how to do that, but every time we say that you rebuff everyone every time - even though we are right. And so far your "experiments" have done nothing for you or your understanding of what is or isn't needed, so you've offically wasted a coupel of years of your life on something that you'll never understand. Congratulations.
    Uh, I believe people only been giving me examples of approaching women.

    Except for 1 example of sitting in some VIP lounge dressing all powerful and looking rich.

    I don't even go to nightclubs or bars.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    So.. a "funny video" involves assulting a woman, and then someone faking being a hero, all for YouTube clicks? Yeah, because violence and aggression towards women is just such a good thing to model your behavour on.

    If that's your idea of "how it's done" you've officially lost your way completely and you can't be saved. Good luck (you'll need it). I still can't work out if you've jsut been trolling everyone for a year or you've got serious mental health issues.

    I'm out.
    Yea, it's funny because it's a controlled environment.

    And you know what I do everytime I see a women4men post on "Hey, you were the cute guy who saved me from that creepy stranger on the train last night. I wish I asked for your #" I immediately blow to that replying "Guys like that are all over, you just don't know that unless that unfortunate situation didn't happen." Or "The thing you don't realize is those 2 guys could have been together, the guy that harassed could have agreed to let that other guy whiteknight you and you fell for it."

    ;/

    Anyways, I'm looking for situation of A, B, etc C that involve being by myself, not using other guys.
  8. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Being next to a garbage can isn't the situation, it's just a coincidence of a situation. | And what's wrong with my situation, if I didn't cause it? | I am differentiating myself from other men, because most men won't do that situation. | What would be a better alternative - tell the girl to pick up her trash and throw it in the garbage, but not give or offer her money?
    At face value, nothing is wrong with your situation. Anyone can do what you did, though slightly odd, and it’d be fine just as it sounds like what happened with you. Without taking the situation further into any other context I don't know that there'd be a better way to handle it.

    That said, we know that you're looking for situations that foster the attraction of women. Given THAT context, your situation is wrong in the sense that it's ineffective and not achieving the results you want. IF you think theorizing about whether or not hypothetical mothers will judge a woman making the first move, I'd argue that women would be even less willing to have their story be "he called me bro and paid me to pick up trash..."

    My advice is only going to center around two things: being in an environment where women will be open and willing to make the first move on a man, you being in the right position (mentally, socially, physically etc) to be on the receiving end of the move. Is that not what you want?

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Ah yes, the conformist vs. the non-conformist.
    Hint: it’s actually the opportunist vs. the pedant in this case.

    If this thread was properly positioned you would have asked "how can I socialize with women in every setting/environment in my current day to the point that they will be attracted to me." Add in the subline of "I also only want the advice that conforms to my worldview and anything other than such will not only be taken out of consideration, but heavily scrutinized," and then myself and Catacaustic probably wouldn't have thrown you anything: just like the majority of the eyes you've had on your thread.
    I digress...

    In regards to my suggestion you'll hopefully be able to notice the main components of my advice: optimal environment, superior position. Simply being different is surely a tactic to get noticed, but we're trying to stress that [I]how[/] you get noticed will already increase or decrease your chances of gaining the attraction of woman. At face value: dude at the trash can offering you $1 to pick up your sh!t or dude in VIP with a bottle offering you drinks + a place to chill? Which do you think would be more "attractive" to "non-geeky girls"?

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    I don't even go to nightclubs or bars.
    That’s perfectly fine, but again: ENVIRONMENT MATTERS. You said it yourself…

    I didn’t go to nightclubs before too, but want to know what makes them a lot of fun? GETTING APPROACHED BY WOMEN. Seriously. If you think watching for randoms on the street littering is fun, you’d probably love a nightclub! People spilling drinks all over the place and dancing – plenty of opportunities to offer a few bucks to have a drunk girl pick up her empty solo cup or broken glass 

    Not kidding: if you want to fish for fish in the desert, don’t ask seafaring fishermen for advice. “Non-geeky” girls that are “non-conformist” are probably the last sect of women to approach men in the manner you seem to require. The only way to get into situations like that are to find social groups/gatherings that will provide the opportunity to become friends first, of which I gave you a handful of suggestions (charity work, bowling leagues, trivia nights, etc).

    It’s been said that the hypothetical situation you desire (mass appeal in situations and environments where women are least likely to be in the mood to be picked up by men, let alone pursue them) is unattainable without work on your part to become attractive enough to garner women’s attention without any effort from your end. Plain and simple. I’m sorry if you don’t like the fact of the matter, but early on in the thread it was said that this form of being exists in the fantasy land that is the 1% / celebrities.

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Now here's an answer to your question.
    1) I didn’t ask a question
    2) You asked more questions in your supposed answer
    3) I don’t know what’s more confusing, your hypotheticals or actuals
    4) Regardless, you’ve missed the point that X can still be X regardless of the Y or the Z and just because X can be constant doesn’t mean that Y and Z variables are irrelevant. In your ABCDE vs ACEGI analysis, you fail to acknowledge the same thing there: you think that because GI is not desired it doesn’t matter, but in reality GI could be negative enough to outweigh ACE.
    Analytics are proving to be a barrier to an end game for you it seems… If you were to focus a tenth of your analytical attention to some introspection and another tenth externally to provide some perspective + points of reference in reality, you’d really find it life changing!

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    This is a joke, right? Why do we learn any theory?
    Sorry bud – this is not a joke. I could ask you the same actually.

    Why would you try and do analytical exercises around theory in which you have no fundamental foundation? That’s like trying to talk about how to solve differential equations without being able to do addition or subtraction… You’ve made it abundantly clear that you’re not in a space to understand the nuances of the social interactions that lie at the root of the theory you’re trying to prove/disprove. To what end does your argument try to reach?

    Here’s a theory! No, not that you’re an AI/ML algorithm mining insights, but an actual real theory.

    Your entire approach to this discussion (forget the actual subject of women) is coming off as oddly combative and really only sounds like you’d prefer to find abstract ways to support your perspective in favor of what both Catacaustic and I probably thought you were asking for at the start: some advice.

    Seriously – the two guys you’re debating with have zero skin in this game, only you’ve got the opportunity to gain/grow/learn/live/etc. While I joke about my post count-to-rep ratio being thrashed thanks to this thread, the principle behind wanting to help you has more weight than you care to consider.

    Ready for some more parallels between you and I? I referenced it before, but spared some details… I posted a thread about my personal situation in the old Outhouse around my divorce. My ex walked out on me after almost 2 years of marriage and ended up pregnant with a guy I worked with (introduced her to) and in my mind I was just venting and looking for a little support. Our whole circle of friends was in chaos so the people that I would have leaned on for support were busy knocking up my wife or on the sidelines trying to figure out which team they were on. I generally got the “it’s all good dude” or “things will work out” etc. from the Shedders here, but one voice of criticism stuck out… I was told “maybe it’s time to look in the mirror” and to “think about why she would do something like that.”

    Understandably I was pissed, especially given the context of the situation, but through the calloused semi-sh!tposts I was reluctantly forced to try and gain perspective. It might not have changed my opinion of the situation or my life in any major way, but learning the act of layering perspectives in contrast to your own only helps one to grow. I did sub-consciously (begrudgingly?), but in the end I know I am better today – regardless of some old crabby sh!tposts…
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
Page 16 of 16 First ... 6141516
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo