Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
    #76
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,688
    Rep Power
    1842
    Originally Posted by Sepodati
    I think a plane just crashed into this train wreck and flipped it all off a cliff into a volcano. ****ing amazing.
    I see you are keeping the earthquake and tsunami in your hip pocket for when you need them ...
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  2. #77
  3. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    No one looks at craigslist any more.
    The Best of Craigslist is pretty awesome though!
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
  4. #78
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    All you talk about is getting people to look at your profiles. You need to talk to people in real life, get to know them, build a friendship. THEN things might start happening.
    Yes this is 2 separate conversations, Facebook and real life.

    I do talk to girls in real life, and for many cases, I only see them once a year, because there might be a neighborhood carnival once a year.

    I don't always try to go "Well she's standing at the bus stop at 8:30 a.m., so maybe the same day next week she'll be here at same time same place." In that case, I can do the above. Otherwise, it's a pin in a haystack.

    So the advantage of Facebook and the Internet is, women can stalk you, receive information about you. Which women can't do in real life.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Think about it... If some random girl off Facebook said "Hey, come over and help me move", that's pretty damned scary for a normal person. You never know what you'd be getting into.
    Except for the word "random."



    So, someone to stroke your ego for you. [/QUOTE]
  6. #79
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    What it comes down to is this.

    Your question is "How can I get everything to happen for me without me making any effort of any kind?"

    And the answer is, and always will be "You can't."
    I think my questions will be more like "How can men attract women with the same intensity as women attracting men."
  8. #80
  9. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    I think my questions will be more like "How can men attract women with the same intensity as women attracting men."
    You can't.

    It doesn't work like that.

    Women and men are two completely different things, and they approach this in completely different ways.

    Think about it... Everything you've tried to so far hasn't worked when you keep on thinking that it should have (for some strange reason that no one else apart from you can figure out), so you need to give up on that and try something else.

    Like actually making moves, starting the conversation, getting to know them, Being assertive but not aggressive. Just doing something for yourself and not expecting women to just fall for you when you have given them mo reason to.

    Oh, and my points from previous posts still stand - You need millions in the bank, all of the luxury lifestyle things (cars, suits, watches, shoes, etc, etc, etc...)and the attitude to go with it. Until you have that, you will have to do it the way that everyone else does. There's no other way.
  10. #81
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    You can't.

    It doesn't work like that.

    Women and men are two completely different things, and they approach this in completely different ways.
    Okay you jus admitted that women do approach but anyways.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Think about it... Everything you've tried to so far hasn't worked when you keep on thinking that it should have (for some strange reason that no one else apart from you can figure out),
    Yea this argument fails.

    The whole "If women don't approach me, then women mus not approached all the guys too" argument.

    Just cuz women don't approach me, I shouldn't rule out that they don't approach all the other guys in the world.

    And I've seen guys post on Yahoo! Answers about "why don't women ever approach me" and I see women making responses like "Oh we do approach guys, we jus don't approach you."

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    so you need to give up on that and try something else.
    That's kind of what this thread is about.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Oh, and my points from previous posts still stand - You need millions in the bank, all of the luxury lifestyle things (cars, suits, watches, shoes, etc, etc, etc...)and the attitude to go with it. Until you have that, you will have to do it the way that everyone else does. There's no other way.
    This argument fails too because men don't wear signs saying how big their bank accounts are, nor do women have a radar to output that.

    Either way, guys who wear expensive clothes/luxuries have spent a lot, whereas guys who don't, have a lot saved, so there's no real way to tell rich from average.

    And some guys have a lot but make little, and some guys have little but make a lot, and will soon spend a lot (home loans, car loans, tuition) and therefore not have a lot.
  12. #82
  13. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Now I know you're just trolling :P

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Okay you jus admitted that women do approach but anyways.
    No. I said that women's approach to meeting partners is different. Not that they do or don't approach guys. Some girls do, but only guys they like.

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    The whole "If women don't approach me, then women mus not approached all the guys too" argument.
    I never said that. I said that women don't approach you. Not "all men".


    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    And I've seen guys post on Yahoo! Answers about "why don't women ever approach me" and I see women making responses like "Oh we do approach guys, we jus don't approach you."
    Read this. Then read it again. Then go back and read it again until you actually understand what is being said here. Right now you just don't get it (as shown above).

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    This argument fails too because men don't wear signs saying how big their bank accounts are, nor do women have a radar to output that.
    So... the fancy clothes, expensive cars, $20,000 watches, $5,000 sunglasses... all of those things don't put out a feeling of "yeah I've got money"? Women can somehow smell the guys bank balance even though he's wearing worn-out shoes and track pants because that's how he feels comfortable????

    Really???

    No. Life doesn't work like that. Appearance is 99.999999% of the battle.

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Either way, guys who wear expensive clothes/luxuries have spent a lot, whereas guys who don't, have a lot saved, so there's no real way to tell rich from average.
    It's not about who can pull out a bank statement and show it off, because no one cares. Someone that looks like they have more money will always look like they have more money. It really is that simple. Understand?

    Again, if you want women to approach you, you have to give them a reason to do that. What do you have that makes it so that women should approach you instead of one of the other guys out there? I'm guessing, not a lot at all.
  14. #83
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Okay, vast majority of women are ashamed to be gold diggers, so mass majority don't approach guys who look rich.

    If they approach guys, it's gonna be based more on fashion and personality.

    Your example is more on girls looking to find sugar daddys. Which I think is rare.

    Either way, I think they're more likely to "wait to be approached" and signal, than approach.
  16. #84
  17. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Okay, vast majority of women are ashamed to be gold diggers, so mass majority don't approach guys who look rich.
    You don't get out much, do you?

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Your example is more on girls looking to find sugar daddys. Which I think is rare.
    It can be, and that depends a lot on your location. In smaller, more suburban and rural areas, yes I agree. But in larger cities, it's a lot more prevelant.


    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    If they approach guys, it's gonna be based more on fashion and personality.
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Either way, I think they're more likely to "wait to be approached" and signal, than approach.
    This is what I've been saying all along. I'm glad that you finally agree with me.

    So I'll ask again, because you either missed it or don't want to answer...

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Again, if you want women to approach you, you have to give them a reason to do that. What do you have that makes it so that women should approach you instead of one of the other guys out there?
    Do you actually have an answer to that one? Because that's the only answer that you need.
  18. #85
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Do you actually have an answer to that one? Because that's the only answer that you need.
    Ah okay, supply and demand.

    Law of economics on supply and demand dictates that. And some women would rather be with a hurting guy, than to make moves on a non-hurting guy. Go figure.
  20. #86
  21. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    Ah okay, supply and demand.

    Law of economics on supply and demand dictates that. And some women would rather be with a hurting guy, than to make moves on a non-hurting guy. Go figure.
    What has that go to do with what I actually asked you?

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Again, if you want women to approach you, you have to give them a reason to do that. What do you have that makes it so that women should approach you instead of one of the other guys out there?
    You still haven't answered that, and that's the problem. You want women to chase you, but you give them no reason to want to.

    That's all that it comes down to. Find a reason why women should chase you, exploit that, and they will.
  22. #87
  23. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    ...some women would rather be with a hurting guy, than to make moves on a non-hurting guy. Go figure.
    There are a lot of ways to unpack how/why this manifests itself in social settings, but for simplicity's sake I'll try and be frank.

    A man who hurts a woman doesn't begin his courtship with that kind of treatment & leverages the things he has that women want. He might have a bullish bravado that holds the confidence that some (most?) women find attractive and tack on good looks and the kind of cash that can make a woman feel spoiled & you get the recipe for successfully attracting women (of a certain type of course).

    Having found my own way from meek/socially awkward to being more confident (in general and not just with women) I can assure you that it's not just the bros/jocks/machismo type manifestations of confidence that can attract women. Exhibiting confidence in conversation and being genuinely engaging is an art all it's own and is, in my experience, a good way to foster friendships and seeding a woman's interest in knowing more about you (personally/romantically). Anyone can be nice, as evidenced by hurtful men still managing to attract women, but it's another thing to actually embody traits that a woman wants to be around.
    Last edited by Dangerous; August 21st, 2018 at 10:10 AM.
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
  24. #88
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    What has that go to do with what I actually asked you?
    So law of supply and demand has to do with the law of least effort - women want the most while doing the least.

    For a lot of women, that means wait to be approached.

    So I think it's easy to approach girls - much harder to get approached by girls.

    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    You still haven't answered that, and that's the problem. You want women to chase you, but you give them no reason to want to.

    That's all that it comes down to. Find a reason why women should chase you, exploit that, and they will.
    How bout the same reason men chase women? You know, the whole "I'm single" argument. Or "I like sex."

    I gave the theoretical answer (law of supply and demand, which has to do with the amount of guys who hit on a girl in a time frame). And another example of that, is to get all the men in the world, that chase her, to stop chasing her.
    Last edited by LostShadow; August 21st, 2018 at 08:28 PM.
  26. #89
  27. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    2106
    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    So law of supply and demand has to do with the law of least effort - women want the most while doing the least.

    For a lot of women, that means wait to be approached.

    So I think it's easy to approach girls - much harder to get approached by girls.
    I've said this all along. Are you just figuring that out now???

    Originally Posted by LostShadow
    How bout the same reason men chase women? You know, the whole "I'm single" argument. Or "I like sex."
    That is not what I asked.

    What I asked is why should women chase you? What is special about you that would make a woman pursue you? What do you have that the other guys don't? What about you is so unique that women are attracted to it? THAT is what I'm asking.

    If you can give women a reason to want you instead of another guy, then she'll chase you. And no, "I'm single" and "I like sex" won't work because that's the exact same reason that every other guy out there has. Unless you can be unique, you're just another face in the crowd that's got nothing going for them.
  28. #90
  29. Resident Outhouse Troll
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southern New England
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    1854
    While I appreciate the economic lens, this is a fully social and psychological problem you're looking to solve, so you'd need to lean more on the tastes & preferences that govern the consumption within the market of single men/women. Simple demand/supply laws would only be applicable to a homogeneous market.

    This, again, is where competitive advantages influence actual consumption within a market (what do you have to offer that another man doesn't). Consumers (women in this case) may or may not be interested in the path to purchase, but are more interested in the actual product benefits in the end. Packaging and claims on pack need to be substantiated prior to acquiring the product. More importantly proper marketing/consumer communications are needed to make sure that the product's attributes line up with the tastes & preferences of the consumer: this is where knowing your demographic bullseye helps to ensure not only the best product features to communicate, but how/when/where best to communicate them. Sure Gen Z and millennial cohorts consume more marketing from social channels, but this market ultimately requires live sampling to gauge consumer resonance.

    Maybe too much CPG analogy? lol either way it's relevant in that it all ties back to the same advice

    Comments on this post

    • Catacaustic agrees
    This Clyde RIDES! - Join me in supporting the NMSS!
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo