Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ok in that case there is no point to do anything more and venting on someone is basically pointless because the CS rep that will get the letter can not do anything for you either. I would say sir, sit back and learn your lesson and move on then. I had thought you still had the vehicle, my mistake.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Right, the real issue is that the CSRs honestly have no desire to do anything but go home at the end of the day. Keeping a lifetime customer, making sure they don't get sued under the lemon law, none of that stuff matters to them at all. They just want to go home at 4:59:59 and that's it. On the off chance someone who gives a damn sees my follow-up letter there's no reason to expect them to forward it to anyone who actually matters.

I'll just, like my thread title says, never buy another Honda. They're unreliable and if you get a lemon they blame you for it, and corporate doesn't do a damn thing about it.

Probably true about any car company in this price range, but at least my Mazda works right (thus far)
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. Contributing User

I tell you a car brand I will Never Ever Buy Again: Hyundai I have had both a brand spanking new Elantra, and Sonata...both were top of their lines when I bought them with all the bells and whistles and everything extended and etc. Both cars at around 90K had transmissions fail just after the warranty expired. It was almost like clock work, PLUS both cars had parts that must of been made of Gold as they were totally unique sized or made for just them and cost a lot more than any other brands replacement parts. So I will say NO to ever buying another Hyundai.
  7. Sarcky

Hyundai never has been a very highly-ranked manufacturer though. Honda, on the other hand, was at the top of every list for a decade, then when 2012 hit they just forgot how to make decent cars.

I had a Jeep that did the magical transmission failure a month after the warranty ran out. Luckily, some random dude tried to scam me and bought it off me for half what he thought it was worth (more than twice what it was actually worth since it wouldn't shift past 3rd gear).

Comments on this post

• ByGoneYrs agrees : Scam the Scammer...Awesome Dude!!!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Hyundai never has been a very highly-ranked manufacturer though. Honda, on the other hand, was at the top of every list for a decade, then when 2012 hit they just forgot how to make decent cars.

I had a Jeep that did the magical transmission failure a month after the warranty ran out. Luckily, some random dude tried to scam me and bought it off me for half what he thought it was worth (more than twice what it was actually worth since it wouldn't shift past 3rd gear).
    You Scammed the Scam Artis...you ...you ...bad guy....I like it...LOL!!!
  11. Sarcky

Yeah he tried to play me because he thought I was a dumb kid. I was all "I don't know mister, it's really my dad's car, but he DID say I could sell it, and that new playstation looks really cool right?" I let him "talk me down" from $10,000 to $8,000, then sold him a 2WD jeep cherokee that wouldn't shift out of third gear for $4,000 more than it was worth.

Best part is: he also falsified the sales receipt so he wouldn't have to pay much sales tax, he had me sign a receipt for $1,000 instead of $8,000. When he called me to threaten to sue me for selling him a broken car, I told him he could bring it back and I'd repay every last penny of the sales invoice.

13. Sarcky

45 days after I was promised a 24-hour callback, I haven't gotten one. Two of my friends have offloaded their brand-new Hondas in the last month as well. It's a shame how quickly a company can go down the drain.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo