1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Camera to record movies and upload to a website.

Hey friends;

I am looking for a camera in order to record high quality videos, upload them to a website and let users watch them.

Paid members get to watch all videos. Now my question is what is the best video camera o record videos with optimum quality that is also not heavy to bandwidth.

This is a sample. As you can see these sample videos have good quality and also they are not that big file wise.

This is the sample camera that I found to buy.

Please let me know your comments.

Thank you
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I know next to nothing about photography, but the camera itself doesn't normally record straight to the format that you use for distribution. You shoot at the video at the highest quality possible, then use a computer to convert it into a lower quality / lower size file for distribution. So really the camera has no effect on the final quality vs size decision.

The site you linked to is not a great reference to use for comparison, because their videos were not recorded with a camera. Due to the way video compression works they will be able to achieve much smaller file sizes than you could achieve with most videos shot using a camera.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    The site you linked to is not a great reference to use for comparison, because their videos were not recorded with a camera.
    How else can you record video?

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

They are direct screen captures with recorded audio, created using software like camstudio or something similar.
    PHP FAQ

Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    They are direct screen captures with recorded audio, created using software like camstudio or something similar.
    Well I have been trying to do this, see what you think:

I record the videos with hd camera. Then playback each video with media player (or itunes).

Then I use a software like this and capture the played video.
    ATM a 2 min HD video is about 10 mb. I am not sure if it is too big or not.

If you have any suggestions or comments please tell me.

Thanks
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

That doesn't make sense. If you're trying to record images from a computer screen, then use screen recording software, don't use a physical camera. If you're recording something that isn't displayed on a screen then use a camera, don't use screen recording software.
    PHP FAQ

13. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My favorite camera

I've always used Ultra HD from Cisco but they're no longer out in the market.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo