1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

What does this chart mean? (About Marketing and Google search)

Hi;

I am using Google Trends to find a set of popular phrases so I add to my Awards and Bing campaign.

I want to understand what this means.

I remember we used to use keyword planner and simple see the number of monthly searches.

But this tool seems much faster and usable. I prefer to understand and use this.

So basically what does this mean
    Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time. A value of 100 is the peak popularity for the term. A value of 50 means that the term is half as popular. A score of 0 means there was not enough data for this term.
    Thank you.
  3. A Change of Season

Also;

What do you understand by looking at this?

I wanna get it all.
  5. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

It sounds like whatever point is at 100 represents when the most searches for that term were made. The exact number of searches doesn't matter in the graphs, just the relative amount. So in your first graph for example it looks like the most searches happened around Jan 27th. For examples sake, say that was 300 searches for your terms. The 28 and 29th have zero so there were either no searches or no data for those days. The 30th seems to be around the 45ish mark so there would have been 45% of 300 (=135) searches that day.

Given the abundance of zero/no data points in that first graph, I'd say it's most like that the term has very little interest, and the couple spikes you see are just a few random one or two off searches. For example the spike on the 27th may only represent like 3 searches and the 30th a single search.
    Recycle your old CD's

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  7. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by kicken
    It sounds like whatever point is at 100 represents when the most searches for that term were made. The exact number of searches doesn't matter in the graphs, just the relative amount. So in your first graph for example it looks like the most searches happened around Jan 27th. For examples sake, say that was 300 searches for your terms. The 28 and 29th have zero so there were either no searches or no data for those days. The 30th seems to be around the 45ish mark so there would have been 45% of 300 (=135) searches that day.

Given the abundance of zero/no data points in that first graph, I'd say it's most like that the term has very little interest, and the couple spikes you see are just a few random one or two off searches. For example the spike on the 27th may only represent like 3 searches and the 30th a single search.
    That was my first impression too. But it doesn't make sense!

Check this for example:

100K-1M searches but it's at the lower end of the Trend chart.

*(pick-up and pick up give the same results)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo