Thread: CoderTest

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CoderTest

Hi all,

I've had to do a few coding tests lately and spent quite some time figuring out the topics, practicing tests and finding out what works and not.

Last couple of weeks I've had a bit of time left and decided to build a site called codertest.org to share the practice tests and tools I've used. If your entry tests were anything like mine you'll love the whiteboard mode as well

I'm looking for feedback from you guys, what to add, what to change, which areas are not covered by the overview, questions you had but are not in here, questions that need better tests, the lot actually.

I hope some of you can benefit from this as well.

(Apologies for not having links anywhere but I'm too new here )
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The questions themselves are pretty good, though I'm sad there's no PHP option. What is the site written in? PHP can execute itself (unsafely, but still) and has built-in functions to highlight its own source code.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    The questions themselves are pretty good, though I'm sad there's no PHP option. What is the site written in? PHP can execute itself (unsafely, but still) and has built-in functions to highlight its own source code.
    The site's in python, but I'll add php soon. Hopefully next week or so!
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Dan,

I've added PHP (5.4) to the site, check it out and let me know what you think of it
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey site looks great, some of the questions are kind of too easy though. Like the odds of having 2 boys for example.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Good News
    Hey site looks great, some of the questions are kind of too easy though. Like the odds of having 2 boys for example.
    Thanks for the compliment!

The odds of having two boys is too simple indeed but it completes a whole bunch of questions on related probabilities (this case covers unrelated events). Ah well

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo