1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

Hello,

I have come across a problem. Is there any one who knows how we can connect to MySQL db by using ColdFusion? Do I need to go through ODBC? Or is there a special driver which I can use?

Thanks!

Lisa
  3. No Profile Picture

I have the MyOLEDB Provider v3.0 (access to the data stored in MySQL) installed on my Win NT 4.0 w/s PC. Under Cold Fusion Release Candidate 5 Admin., there doesn't appear to be a recognition of this OLEDB driver.

It does recognize my existing ODBC data source "dsnMySQL", but states that it:

"...cannot be edited remotely. The ColdFusion Administrator either does not support remote editing for this driver [MySQL] or its driver was not found on the server.
    You can use the data source for ColdFusion development, however you will have to edit the DS settings in the regular ODBC administrator.

You can still edit the ColdFusion settings for this data source:"

This should be a satisfactory solution for now under CF. Best of luck. I look forward to workable suggestions from other CF/MySQL users.
  5. No Profile Picture

we are running MyODBC without any problems so far. MySQL and CF on Win2k. Got MyODBC from the MySQL website, installed and have been using it ever since.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo